Can I up the liability limit on my renters insurance even though I've already paid for the year's worth?

principium

So, essentially, my apartment complex wants us to have renters insurance with a $300,000 liability limit (per person) by the time our lease renews, and I only just learned about this.

I only just got my renter's insurance last month, it's bundled with my car insurance, but I had the opportunity to pay the renters insurance for the whole year of my lease (it was cheaper in the long run, I had the money to do it, and I'm not planning to move for a few years so there was not really a risk of my rates raising to my knowledge)

The lease on my apartment doesn't renew until February, but my renters doesn't renew until the end of July next year. I already tried seeing if I can change my limits online, but it doesn't give me that option. If I call and ask to change the limits on my coverage, could they do it? I want to know just so I don't waste my time on a phone call for nothing. And I am completely fine with paying the difference for adding more coverage.

For extra context, I am living with my boyfriend and one of our other friends. My boyfriend has offered to add me onto his renters insurance, but I don't know if that will affect my car insurance since it's bundled, and I'm insured with Progressive. (Just incase :) )