[California] Unemployment update. Emailed state senator

dustinlayton

Hey guys wanted to update for anyone on similar boat. Long story short waited 2 months to get nothing from EDD, tried calling like all of you but no luck. Claim has been at $0 for 2-3 months. Finally decided to send an email to my state senators office on Saturday (6.6.20). They got back to me at 12PM Monday (6.8.20). Called me, got my info and I filled out my info about edd and my social. Here comes (6.9.20) and I log into EDD to see my claim balance go from $0 to $6,513.00. And was finally able to certify for the past weeks including this week. So now just waiting for that. Finally making some progress thanks to emailing my state Senators office compared to trying to get a hold of EDD myself.

Edit: Just logged in to see my Claim balance go from $6,513 to $4,843 and my claim history from weeks 4.420-6.6.20 now say PAID and is $750 for each week. Now do I just wait for something in the mail?

Edit: Just got a text 6.10.20 8:30AM saying everything is being processed, looking good so far. Now just the waiting game for the mail.

@rudolphsclarice I emailed both but when I was on the phone with the senate office they deferred to the state assembly office. Said that if the EDD was getting calls from both offices it’d slow down the process even more.

@dustinlayton I had the same experience. Filed a PUA claim a month ago or so, haven't heard a single word. Called and called to try and get status, with no luck.

Called my State Senators local office yesterday at 5pm. Talked to a nice lady that explained they've taken many of the same calls and had a procedure and someone they can contact at EDD. Gave her some basic, identifying personal information for my case. Followed with a quick email (directly to her), at her direction with basic case information. She would then forward to their liaison.

I woke up this morning with an approved claim and weeks to certify for. I had an old claim that had expired so I already had my online account and have my debit card.

If you haven't tried it, start with your state senator and try and call one of their offices and talk to them. I am assuming each state senator may have a different procedure to help you, so call first.

@dustinlayton Email your Office of Assemblymember for your city , no joke I read this thread and did that yesterday , emailed them got a response back in 25 mins , they sent a email to basically give them consent to pass you info onto a "Edd liaison" and no joke last night at 945 i got a deposit of 1500. No joke no bullshit . I was like wtf 🙏🏿🙏🏿🙏🏿🙏🏿🙏🏿🙏🏿