[California] Renters in U.S. cannot be evicted through the end of the year due to coronavirus, CDC order states

@asker I feel like this isn't getting much coverage. Is it because it's legally dubious? Is it because California enacted its own legislation? Even if you don't qualify for California's protection, you can, in some circumstances, qualify for the CDC order.

Everyone said Trump's $300/$400 unemployment was a joke and would be shot down in court. But, most states have caught on and are distributing that money.

@dtray Agreed - it is better than nothing. Is the extension that congress put together dead in the water now? Have they given up on negotiating? This is something that I don't see much media coverage on either. I'm hoping this is just a bandaid until some sort of meeting of the minds can be had.

@generalmanny If you rent a room you still have a lease agreement and the owner is your landlord. CA is very tenant friendly. I suggest going to findlaw.com and looking at CA landlord tenant laws. It’s always important to know your rights.

@berik November for me. Im seriously beginning to bleat and panic. Not like I haven't already been, but it's definitely starting to get worse.

@rumitoid yeah you got every right to i mean we dont know what the future is going be like this is like walking into a new world anything we know has changed. however you are preparing now which is good