[CALIFORNIA] i'm v confused but i'm sure u can tell

jameszo

hey all. i have a few questions and i'm hoping somebody here can help me since i can't seem to get ahold of literally even like a pigeon that hangs out outside of the edd let alone get an actual person who works there and knows things on the phone or to email me back from the contact us section. apologies in advance if this is obvious info but i'm just confused. ok:

first off i'm confused because of the message that says "for weeks between march whatever and may whatever you do not need to recertify for benefits, you will automatically receive them". so ok, i did get one check almost 3 weeks ago on 4/21, and i was expecting another one this week as it hit the new pay cycle. but then i opened up my UI online and... i still had to certify? which i mean obviously that's fine i'll do what i have to do but what i don't get is why they have that message on literally every page leading up to logging in that you don't need to certify if you.. still do? maybe i just misunderstood the message i'm not sure? that question is less important than this next one though-

for the LIFE of me, i can't seem to find a straight answer to this question anywhere: after submitting my certification for these 2 weeks, they show up as "paid" on my claim history, but my most recent payment on payment history is still the one that was issued on 4/21. so i'm just confused? it says paid but where was it paid out to if no payment is issued? and the second part of this question is- how long until the payment WILL actually be issued since it does say it's approved and i'm assuming that means i will be paid eventually.. just wondering when

and lastly, i receive paper checks and i'm cool with it but i was just wondering why that is? why i never got a debit card? everywhere i read on the website it always talks about the EDD debit card there's never a mention of paper checks so yea... if you couldn't tell i'm just rly confused.. also super broke... so if anyone out there was actually kind enough to read this whole essay of nonsense about how i'm 2 dumb 2 understand benefits and can shed some light on my queries that would be coo

big luv 2 all n i hope y'all are doing as best as ya can during the crazy. thx again

@jameszo Mine says they received my certifications but I've gotten no payments since 4/2. I was getting them regularly up to that point. Wrote them 3 times. I've been trying to call for nearly a month. No response v at all.