[California] I applied for PUA (1099) early morning 4/28 and my claim seems to be accepted but my claim balance is $1966?

paigerific87

I have just under $20,000 in reportable 1099 income. Anyone here know what might have happened? I checked BofA and see nothing shipped. I see others have pending or accepted money from 3/15 and forward.

EDIT: Seems as though I qualified for regular UI even though my total W-2 income for 2019 was $3910

@resjudicata Any idea where the discrepancy between this

Based on your reported information, your highest quarterly earnings were

$930

Your estimated weekly benefit will be

$40

and my current weekly benefit is from? Seems like my 1099's are factored in somehow?

@paigerific87 Did you have any w2 earnings to report? Or did you previously have unemployent benefits? PUA and unemployent benefits use the same application. So you probably applied for PUA and got regular unemployent based on a previous w2 job. If that's the case it's a job that you didn't work at much because of the small claim balance

@paigerific87 Damn that sucks. When was your last day of unemployent? It says your claim started at the end of April so you missed out on 4 payments of $600 for the month of April. :/ Tricky situation you're in not sure if you can use your 1099 income to boost your regular unemployent weekly amount :/