[California] Help! Worked a one-time gig a few weeks ago, but haven’t received my W2. I don’t know how to certify w/o it, but need to!

misselaineous

Hey guys, I worked a one time gig for a traveling company a few weeks ago. I haven’t been paid yet and haven’t received my W-4 so I don’t know the exact specifics (company’s address, exact gross wage, etc).

I’ve been holding off on certifying because I don’t want to input something incorrectly and get my account flagged. Do I really need to hold off on all my certifications until I get the W-4? Is there a way to skip that week and certify for the following ones, then come back to it when I do get my W-4? Or can I just report it the week that I receive it and still input the correct past dates.

I’m at a loss here but I really need to certify since I’m not getting a check from either right now. Please let me know if you’re familiar on this. Thanks !

Edit: W-4, not W-2

@misselaineous Do you not know how much you were gonna paid for that week? If you made over $600 for that week you can just estimate because you can't get unemployment if you earn over $600 in a week anyways.

@misselaineous You need to put it for the week you earned it, so no, you shouldn't certify. If it was a gig, why would you get a w2? It would not be sent to you until next January. How can you not know who you worked for or what you made? Call or email them and ask for the address ffs

@vince07713 Sorry, I meant w4. It was a last minute job I took because I was stuck on ‘file a new claim’ for 2 months on Edd and was desperate. I was brought in as a Covid manager for a traveling sports broadcasting company.

I’ve been reaching out and they won’t get back to me now. Supposedly it’s all online and the employee account/portal I made with them hasn’t had any updates or changes yet. It’s supposed to log my hours, pay etc. I reached out to make sure it was filed correctly and haven’t heard back. Trying to give the benefit of the doubt since they are very busy and constantly traveling.