[california] frustrated with EDD

@joseppi I feel the same way with them right now. I filed my claim in august, haven’t gotten anything. I had to call for a possible fraud thing bc someone was using my social apparently for work. I told them the name on the paper they mailed me was not me, they said they’d look into it and never got back to me so instead they just disqualified my claim bc I didn’t provide info for the employer the OTHER person was working at, (they knew that it wasn’t me tho) and now I have to appeal it. I probably talked to someone at least two or three times a week over the last two months and nothing has ever happened. I even know people who work at an EDD office and they’re also super unhelpful lol they just tell me to call the office.

At first I gave them the benefit of the doubt and thought that they were just super busy and everything was delayed but it wasn’t until today when I called them myself that I learned my claim was gone, and that’s why I wasn’t getting any money.

@joseppi EDD sucks over all in general. Moved from Cali for several reasons including political. So glad this is the last year I will get UI from that state. It's the worst!

@joseppi I’m certifying Sunday (10/4) but technically that wasn’t my usual cycle. It changed when the 13 week extension kicked in. I got week 4 and 5 LWA 2 days ago. Lot of people got it Monday. I feel the same way as you. IRS used to do a deposit grid for tax returns which showed when you would get it based on when you filed. This is ridiculous

@maximoneece So your PEUC extension kicks in this Sunday to certify. Mine does too my Bal shows 0 but got correspondence in the mail regarding my new balance. I’m just assuming it’ll refresh itself when I certify Sunday

@hayanisel Yes. In about 2 days you’ll get a text or an email ( I got the text message ) about how you may qualify for PEUC. After 2 days you’ll also go from “ max benefits paid “ to “ check back on this date to certify “ then you’ll get two letters in the mail regarding your new balance but it won’t reflect until you certify which was my question above yours. In which they answered yes it will refresh the balance the day you cert again. I cert this Sunday I’ll update you.

@hayanisel Hey! Yes. So after that message you should receive a letter this Friday or early the following week regarding an approval for PEUC and your amount then when you certify for your next benefit the night before or the day of your certification the balance will
Update.