[california] frustrated with EDD

joseppi

I’m sure this will be deleted since pretty much any post for California is being deleted but I am just so frustrated with EDD. Why would they say this : “Since individuals have different bi- weekly certification cycles, those who meet eligibility requirements for both weeks in the same period will receive a payment of $600 while those with the weeks spread across two bi-weekly periods will receive two $300 payments close together

Close together my a$$ .... it’s almost been a week since week four was released (to those that had 8/22 and 8/29 on separate certifications) . I am desperate for the week 5 payment at the moment and I think it’s crazy that EDD can’t just disburse the money like any other state. How is it that we are still waiting ( SOME STILL WAITING FOR MOST OR ALL WEEKS) but many other states were able to pay all 6 weeks within a few weeks of receiving the funding. It’s just BS ... it makes no sense and I’m just so incredibly frustrated and anxiety ridden. I know there will be a press release today but I’m sure it won’t bring much clarity. anyway I just had to vent . Like I said I’m sure it will be deleted .......

EDIT: EDD Press release today press release 10/1

@rbrock Point well taken. If California were a country it would rank as the 5th largest economy on the planet. But that doesn't always equate to having the best or fastest processes either. When I moved to New Mexico years ago, having come from San Diego. I was stunned when obtaining a New Mexico driver's license to receive it that very same day from the Motor Vehicle Department (MVD) there. By the same token when I applied for the REAL ID at a San Diego DMV a few weeks back on a Thursday, it arrived in the mail by the following Wednesday. Go figure.

@joseppi The entire LWA for me hasn’t helped much. It has taken the State 2 month to issue 4 weeks. By time they do I’m already paying late fees and loan shark interests rates on short term loans.

@rejoiceforchrist Not sure what you mean, most (here) have received week 4 and many have received 4&5 (that certified 8/22 and 8/29 on the same certification) . I am sorry that you have only received two weeks . Like I said it makes no sense and it’s not fair .

@joseppi Our governor in VA waited until the final hour to apply for LWA. With that said, we still haven't received it. They just pushed the date from 9/30 to 10/15.