[California] for those with 0 balance and not paid weeks

debro

Just got off the phone with EDD. For those with $0.00 balance and not paid weeks read:)

Hey guys, so the rep explained that for the weeks not paid. There was a glitch and when you Certified with no balance(new extension hasn’t kicked in yet), those weeks went to the old peuc and sits there. The rep had to send those weeks over the new extension by sending those weeks to another department to verify the weeks and change it to paid. She then told me that on her end, the new extension was good to go. And that my claim was fine. And told me to wait.

Btw I just got the extension email today. But still 0.00$ balance. Will keep this thread updated as things change. I wish y’all the best w rent coming up and all. Good luck!

EDIT: can confirm with two other friends. On our end we see 0.00$ balance. But on EDD’s end we are already on the extension as of today and already have the new balance. Everyone else’s claim might be on the same boat.

Call. Press 1 immediately when it picks up. That for English and to bypass the language thing. Then wait. Press 2 for employer and then 4 right away. I called once today using that and got thru.

@debro I got the email saying my application was automatically filed, but nothing has been confirmed.

I just checked my portal and the maximum benefits paid message is gone. Nothing is showing where that message is usually posted.

Hopefully it goes smoothly and my balance updates soon 🤧

Hey guys. Quick update. So I ended up getting the reopen claim thing again. Which is weird because I got rid of it calling the rep the first time weeks ago. So idk what’s happening rn. Balance still zero.