[CALIFORNIA] Extension finally updated this morning!

argem17

My claim ended on 12/19 but I held off from certifying until 1/11. I was recommended to hold off as long as I can so I would get the extension updated but that didn't end up working.

My claim has been at 0 since I finally certified and it's said maximum benefits paid until today. I didn't have to verify my identity is, never had anything to do with fraud, and was never stuck in pending. All I did was wait.

I checked this morning and my benefit amount has been updated with enough funds to pay me for 20 weeks. It also allowed me to certify for the past 5 weeks. Starting from the week ending 12/26 (my claim ended 12/19) up to the week ending 1/23.

I checked my claim history and the first 4 weeks I certified for have already changed from pending to paid. I was busy and had to wait a few hours to finish the last week to certify for (1/23) that one still says pending but it's only been about an hour.

It also shows that the additional $300 has been added. I just started working part time where I was previously laid off when this pandemic first started but I'm only working around 16 hours a week. Prior to this I was working 40+ hours. Even with working P/T, still receiving a small amount of benefits, and receiving the additional $300 I am still not receiving my full income but this has helped me and my family out a lot. I can finally back pay some of my bills and pay our rent.

I'm very grateful that this finally went thru. I've been so struggling so much and stressing a lot. I have twin boys who are 4, my wife who cares for them, she doesn't work and is a nursing student waiting to take her state exam, and a father who is on hospice at home who I care for during the day and I work late nights.

I hope everyone's claim updates and your funds start flowing in. I know the feeling and you're not alone. Stay positive and be patient, eventually. It will go thru. You may feel alone but we're all in this together. Take it easy and take care.

@argem17 This either makes me happy or very angry. I am in the same boat as you except my claim still says maximum benefits paid and nothing from edd. I am so scared for myself and family.... I test hope something changes... I am glad for you family

@oldman1941 I completely understand how you feel and what you're going thru. Prior to today I was in the same situation and felt the same way. I spoke with a rep on Monday and she told me that there's nothing she could do to help and that there's nothing I can do but wait.

I know some people on here have gotten thru to a rep that was able to update the extension manually. But that did not happen to me. All I did was wait and it was updated.

I also haven't heard anything from EDD I just checked the EDD website this morning and it was updated.

I really hope that your claim gets updated soon. I completely understand and know how you're feeling. Stay positive and take care. It will get better.

@davidschmitt I was on PEUC which ended on 12/19 but I got no notification for being on FED ED. So I'm assuming I'm on PEUX? My original claim was opened in the end of March.

@davarr You could be right because I know I was heading towards that after my PEUX was exhausted. But I have not received any texts, emails, or messages thru UI online that says I am on FED ED. When I was automatically put on PEUC I got a text about it. Also the rep I spoke to on Monday told me that I would be updated to PEUX automatically. I really don't know tho so you could be correct and I did get 20 weeks and not 11 weeks.

@argem17 my situation played out just like yours, thankfully 🙏🏼 however, i only just finished certifying for those weeks a moment ago. how long did it take for your pending certifications to change to paid?

@dennisabram No problem! I was doing the same and didn't see much of people in the same situation as me. I know what you're going thru, I hope you extension gets updated soon! Stay positive and take care.

@argem17 Nice! I was able to certify today too! Except my claim balance has 11 weeks worth, I also qualify for Fed Ed.

You got the 20 weeks right away instead of PEUC first?

@katma That's awesome! I'm glad to hear. I'm not sure if I qualify for FED ED and I haven't received anything about being on it.

I was on PEUC which ended on 12/19. I'm assuming I am on PEUX.