[CALIFORNIA] Certified 1.5 Weeks Ago, Still Haven’t Received Payment

rcarnighan

Is it unusual that I haven’t received my biweekly payment thus far? I certified for benefits on Sunday, April 19 and it is still stuck on pending for those two weeks that I provided certification, as of Wednesday, April 29. After applying for UI in mid-March, I received two payments consisting of $250 and the federally-issued $600 stimulus; however, have not received any other payments. Is there any reason to why it is still listed as pending? Thank you all!

@rcarnighan Because so many are stuck in pending they have updated the system to not require certification. Unless you have other issues all pending status will update. My guess is by the end of week.

@soulblaise When I certified, the EDD had not yet announced that they would not be requiring certifications for the next two months due to persistent system issues. Nevertheless, I sure hope it gets resolved soon.

@rcarnighan I certified on the 19th and my status said pending. My coworker also certified on the 19th and was paid on the 20th. I finally got through to a representative after 300+ calls and a 1 hour 45 minute wait time this morning. I had put a partial income for one of my weeks I certified and EDD didn’t know what to classify my income as, so the rep had to manually push it through. You may need to call, they aren’t reaching out for issues. Stay persistent and good luck!!

@bioethicsdoc Did you report income under the section of certification asking something along the lines of “Did you earn any money this week, regardless of whether you worked”?

@rcarnighan I answered yes to that question and then it asks you to classify a type and I put “other” and wrote out my situation. This caused the system to put a hold on my account. The rep changed the type to severance pay and then pushed my payment through.

@ewkratz Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t they make certification non-required after that Sunday, since I’m pretty sure it was still required back then.

@ewkratz Honestly, I’m very tempted to not submit certification for Sunday, May 3rd, just because of how everything panned out this week. After all, it shouldn’t hurt you.

@rcarnighan Its states certification dates ending March 14th through May 4th you do not need to certify or recertify.

This is all frustrating lol. Hopefully we get our payments soon.

UPDATE: After leaving a voicemail to my local San Diego EDD office earlier this AM, I just received a call back from a representative and explained my situation. He stated that it was “very good” that my status is shown as pending (even after 10 days) and that I will paid by next Friday, the system has just been so backlogged which accounts to why we are being paid late. Retroactive payments will also be applied. Hope this helps!

Ohhh I see. I did the same thing my first certifying but classified it under Emergency Pay, as my employer issued me those funds.