Byju's got sued by its lenders in the US. Then it sued its lenders in the US. Here's a fun read about what happened

@albania1 I feel it was bound to happen. Since when has it been financially viable to run net loss for so long propped up only by VC funding?

Edit: if you mean reputation for start ups in India, I understand... But still, I stand by my point.

@terranceciancio Actually I have a friend who worked at Zoho, and he was so horribly treated and his value was deprecated so much that even now, despite how well and how hard he works he can't earn more because that's how much he was worth at Zoho and that's how much he's going to be valued for probably ever now.

@lilly159 Did Byju not know when its loans were sold off to other lenders? Shouldn't Byju be suing the original lenders with whom they made the agreement when they came know about this breach of agreement?

And how did the distressed debt lenders buy this loan in the first place from the original lenders when the agreement clearly stated they could not be sold this loan? I mean, did they not read the loan agreement before buying the loan?

@gregj222 Nope, Byju's didn't. Honestly, the older lenders don't pick who's buying. They go to an investment bank, the investment bank sells it to whoever they can.

They definitely read the loan agreement (in fact they even tried to get an amendment to remove that clause afterwards), but it's a risk they were willing to take. Distressed debt investors work like that.