Buying a house in washington as an e-4

sharon123

Hello all,

I am recently applied for a loan and got 445k pre approval at 4% from the bank.

i am tis for only three years. And i have no debts besides montjly credit cards.

I dont make a lot as you know, but with the help of bah, i make about 5k a month before tax and put 40% to tsp. So, about 3400 every month after deductions.

Is it ideal to buy a house in jblm? I have wife that works too but we make about the same but shes not really on a loan as her credit isnt good. So i basically got 445k all myself.

My current rent is for 1350 minus utilities so it ll be around 1600 for all for 1bd apartment which my lease is up in july. Then, apartment will charge me 1750 for current market price which will be around 2k with utilities.

Currently, made an offer for townhome for $380k with hoa of 485.

It is very on an edge for me. But then, i would be also paying about 2k for renting so this is why i decided to buy a house.

It would be an ideal to get something along 350k with no hoa but its impossible.

I am excited that i might could get the townhome for 380k but also i need to drive farther (puyallup) as i live 6 miles from the base currently.

Me and my wife is also in love with renovating side of puyallup and am happy with it. But, deep inside of me, i am anxious and scared that i might have to live very frugally until i ets in 2 and half years.

I know my offer isnt accepted by the seller but i am looking optimistic.

I plan to get out after my time is up as well. Any thoughts?