Building's insurance will not pay to cover water damage caused by building management negligence

football

I had a water leak in my condo (owned, PEI), turns out it was because the building management had a poor man's fix for the roof spout when it was damaged by hurricane Fiona. They basically put duct tape over it and hoped it wouldn't end up as a leak. The building informed that their insurance would only cover the portion of the hardwood floor that was damaged by water (bedrooms were not damaged), however they can't find the exact hardwood floor to match, the one their offering is not even close. They want me to accept having different hardwood floor or pay for it through my own insurance.

While i've started a claim and informed my insurance, i was a bit shocked today to hear this. The building management says "people actually love having different hardwood floors it brings up the price of the unit".

While i'm waiting for my adjustor to advice me, I just wanted to see if anyone has ever death with something like this?

@football The case law that is used for this scenario is Scattergoods v. Ten Star. Policies pay for direct damage only, you're not getting new floors throughout unfortunately unless your ins company is feeling generous.