Buffet is the GOAT, but do you think Peter Lynch would own the title right now if he’d have continued his career?

@aubie2 Buffett is the GOAT. Druckenmiller is worth $6B. Buffett is worth $100B+.

No way Druckenmiller is ahead of Buffett with those numbers.

@scrooge Lol if that’s your only metric then it’s Elon Musk.

Stanley made an average of 30% return over 30 years.
Buffett is around 22% over 60 years.

@aubie2 No, Elon is an entrepreneur, most of his gains come from Tesla. Buffett is the most successful pure investor on the list.

Another way to see it is Buffett might go down 5% on a bad week just from random noise. That loss would be like Druckenmiller’s entire net worth. Or he could go up 5% on a good week. That would double Druckenmiller’s wealth. To Buffett, he would not even notice it, and that makes him the GOAT.

@nanasheshe The fact that I have read several investing books and I still use Peter Lynch's strategy because of its simplicity
I mean the book explains all the fundamentals well:)

@ivi67 Buffett is the indisputable GOAT because he did what he did with market-beating returns for over 60 years. Mostly without computerized assistance until recently. Old-school, discretionary, Zen master trades. Nobody else has a track record that even comes CLOSE to that. And the next best guys with 20-30 years of history have had years where they blew up or were deeply in the red. The guy who has a legit claim to being the KID since GOAT will probably always be Buffett at this point is Jim Simons of Rennaissance Technologies, the first real high-tech, algorithmic fund. But not only is RT's history shorter, it was also founded by an entire crew of math wizards and former war-time codebreakers. Literal math geniuses. Meanwhile, Buffett and Munger were just two pedantic, penny-pinching bean counters who loved McDonald's. It literally sounds like an anime hero's origin story because that's how absurd Buffet's success has been in context of everyone else who came up in WS. That's why we call him the Oracle.

@ivi67 The market was totally different in that years. It was easier to achive extraordinary returns based on stock picking. Over the years the market has become more and more liquid, thus more and more efficient, that is why index funds have been outperforming active managed funds. Buffet is the goat because he has always invested based on that statement: "no one can win the markets", "if I die my wife knows she has to put all our money in the S&P"... If Peter Lych would have continue investing, he must have changed his mindset to a more passive investor than he use to be in order to be near to the GOAT (Buffet)

@ivi67 Why is Buffet the GOAT? He hasn't done anything except buy up revenue streams of existing companies like Duracell, Dairy Queen, GEICO, etc. If Buffet had not existed those companies would still be there. He added nothing to the value of those companies.

I think people like Jobs, Musk, or Paige are the GOAT. Not only did they create incredible wealth, they also had incredible innovation.

@kidkaos2 My girl,

Elon invested millions in Tesla, SpaceX, Neuralink, Boring Company.

Jobs invested millions in Apple, Pixar, and others.

Duh!

Warren Buffett is nothing compared to them as evidenced by the fact that Musk is the richest man in the world not Buffett.

@angi2325 Who cares. If Berkshire had never acquired those companies they would still be the same companies. Berkshire adds zero value to the acquired companies, they simply claim the companies' revenue stream for themselves.

Buffett is not the richest investor in the world how can he be the GOAT? You can't be the GOAT if you're not #1. Elon Musk is the richest investor in the world. He invested hundreds of millions in Tesla, SpaceX, Neuralink, and Boring Company and is in fact the richest investor in the world.

@kenya123 Elon invested millions in Tesla, SpaceX, Neuralink, Boring Company.

Jobs invested millions in Apple, Pixar, and others.

Duh!

Warren Buffett is nothing compared to them as evidenced by the fact that Musk is the richest man in the world not Buffett.