Bridge investment until CHF gets stronger

mog411

Hi all,

following this sub for a while, first post for me. I wanted to invest ca. 60k CHF now but im kinda unsure about the market situation of Swiss Frank weakness and interruption of the bull market. CHF lost already roughly 8% this year to USD, but I believe it will rebound later this year.

Now with FED and EZB not moving, i suspect this rebound to be less strong / delayed. What would you do?

- A: Just go for VT now. ("Its about time in the market, not time the market..")

- B: Buy CHF based ETF meanwhile. If yes, which??

- C: Convert to USD, keep at 4.75% at WillBe until later this year.

- D: CHF at BankWIR Sparkonto at 1.8% until later this year.

@mog411 Stop trying to time the market. Whatever reasonable assumption for the future you as an amateur (don't take it as an offense) can make is already baked into the prices.

VT and forget.

@paul234 This. I also tell everyone. I do it. Except last month I thought to be smart and lost 6 months of gains trying to time the market lol. So yeah, just VT and chill

@ruzou 5Y VTI "destroyed" (are you 13?) IWQU. 10Y even more. Grow up.

If that was your sole comparison, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

@paul234 That VTI is both lower TER and similar historical performance (the 5 year is almost identical). Sure but one country bets are inherently more risky.

I do accept however that VTI and forget is absolutely a good and possibly even better alternative to IWQU. Perhaps that can be my conciliatory note.

I actually really enjoy most of your posts so won't wind you up any more. I'm not just a fan of VT specifically. We can agree to disagree on that :)

@mog411 You have to forget about timing that, as hard as that is.

You may time the CHF, but in the meantime ghe stockmarket may rally 10%, then you lost out.

It‘s a battle you can‘t win. Hedgefund with billions in assets and thousands of employees with phds have a hard time to do it. You have no hope to compete here.

I get where you are coming from and the CHF weakness sucks a lot currently, but just stay the course. Follow your investment plan, invest every paycheck regardless of what the market does. Sometimes you do bad and feel bad, other times you are doing really good. It averages out.

@mog411 What?

You read the statistiques wrong, the CHF lost in some months 4.5% during the last year and is even green now in a one year timeline.

The CHF has never been stronger, without any SNB intervention.