BPI UITF Fees will go UP significantly.

@cocnrete Thanks.

Do you have any idea why there’s a fee increase aside from the official FAQ? Other feeder funds seem to offer more competitive fees.

@averagedude Unless you’re computer illiterate and/or just plain lazy, there’s barely any reason for anyone to go for BPI vs buying directly with an international broker. It will literally cost you millions in doing so.

@khristosanesti Let’s say I have millions of pesos, do our local banks treat gotrade or ibkr brokers as legitimate partners. I am worried that I need to go through a lot of process to prove with my RM that funds from international brokers are legitimate in the event I will retire in my 60s or 70s

@averagedude I too have been a long time passive investor in UITF because my payroll is with BPI.

My secondary fund source is Manulife i-funds (no insurance component, just UITFs). They have a variety of PHP denominated foreign funds some of which pay dividends monthly if you are into that sort of thing.

@ivana626 Hi! I'm looking into Manulife i-Funds as well, thank you so much for bringing it up!

I'm curious how do you fund your UITF account there? Online bank transfer? Are cards (debit & credit) accepted too? TIA!

@desiringgod7 Yes, you can invest by bank transfer, bills payment or Auto Debit. There is an RSP option with BPI. Seamless din, even my dividends are credited to my BPI account monthly. What I like best is being able to invest in Asian and Global REIT funds

(note: I’m not affiliated with either BPI or Manulife)

@averagedude BDO US Equity Index Feeder Fund is just .5% trust fee. I compared the 1 month return between bdo and bpi fund for november and december 2023, bdo performed better by 1%. You can't compare the calendar year ending 2023 since bdo has just migrated to a fund tracking the s&p 500 index in september 2023 from an actively managed fund that seems to be underperforming the s&p 500 index. The gap will further widen once bpi's fee increase becomes effective.