Bought VWCE for 900 EUR, commission 8 EUR, how?

@diondrejames Yes this sucks on european markets, big spreads and less Liquidity... What likely happened is, that your limit order was partially filled, therefore the huge order cost (two times 4€). Just use a limit order at the ask next time.

Also if you don't have to don't use the shitty european etfs? There is $VT, order cost probably a few cent...

@biblicalbro We're forced by shitty eu regulations to buy VWCE instead of VT (I know there are ways to get us ETFs but they're too complicated for the average user). No one would buy UCITS ETFs otherwise, their expense ratios are usually 2x to 3x compared to the US counterpart.

@roamingnomad He said he's on IBKR lite. Which is US regulation only. Which would allow him to go for VT instead.

Also why am I getting downvoted? I am 100% right about the partial fills. The "i have no clue" answer is getting upvoted instead?

Retarded sub...

@biblicalbro I did not downvote you. That said, I think it's still totally worth to raise the point that VT is a hassle to get if you're a EU resident which he probably is if he's posting in this sub (also looking at the language of most of his posts). EU regulations on this only hurt retail investors and more people should be aware of how bad they are.