Bitcoin just hit a RM all time high!

@blackfriar Amongst friends ma. Unless ur btc is already in cold wallet, there is always a chance for your wallet on exchange to be hacked. Especially if the sum is large enough.

But in any case, congratulation on almost being a btc millionaire. Hope u will reach it in a few months.

@libbywoodside There is a fixed amount of supply of bitcoin - 21 Million - of which around 19.6 Million have already been mined. When miners successfully mine a block (read more here: https://www.reddit.com/r/explainlikeimfive/comments/1b689q/eli5\_this\_bitcoin\_mining\_thing\_again/) they are provided with an award.

Currently that award is 6.25 and approximately every four years, this reward is reduced by half meaning less supply is pushed into the market, theoretically creating more demand pressure. The last halving was in 2020 and the price of BTC went from a few thousand USD to $69K at the top. I think we'll see BTC reach a new all time high today and the halving is happening in late April/early May, which is expected to be a catalyst for bitcoin to reach six figures USD.

I suggest you read the Bitcoin Standard and Broken Money, to learn more about the current fiat system were in and how BTC is a way out. It's still full of skepticism but when you learn about how the current financial system works and how BTC is the strongest form of money known to man, it makes it a no brainer to invest for the long term.