Bi-Weekly Advice Thread March 31, 2024: All Your Personal Queries

@henry_ I am 21M just started earning 10L+ annum.
what are all checkboxes should I check first before I start investing in the market.
can anyone help me with an ideal path I shld like how much should I save and invest

@korrineine Put aside atleast 50% of your income towards investments.
( Suggest you to put some 10% in Index funds and 30 % in Small cap -mid cap funds ) .
Have atleast 6 months of expenses and emergency fund.
Take a health insurance outside of your company provided one. Just take a minimum one , it would accure limit over time.
Take a term insurance as soon as you are married.

@kelbiiz 30% in small / mid cap funds is extremely risky. However, if OP has stomach for it, they could give it a go. I would encourage OP to put 100% of their investment quota into a index fund for a year or two before deciding whether or not the equity market ups and downs can be tolerated by them.

@korrineine 1). Emergency fund
2). Health and term insurance
3). Priority on getting rid of debt
4). Calculate your monthly expenditure
5). A miscellaneous fund. A small fund(10-20k) in bank savings account which you can use to cover your shortfall in monthly spending so you don't touch your investment/emergency fund or take loan

@henry_ How do I file a revised return for a very old return (6 years old) as a legal heir? The original return was not filed correctly and is missing a TDS payment value due to which I have received a notice for a huge amount.

@richie Not possible.

The best you can try is rectification. Online wone be allowed given the timemline. You can try.

If not, write a letter and go to your local AO and ask for manual rectification of demand saying tDS wasn't claimed by mistake. Approach him 2/3 times maybe tell him he will gey some sweets at end