Best ZERO tax country? (0% income tax, 0% corporate tax, 0% capital gains tax, 0% wealth tax, 0% inheritance tax)

duzt

About me:

I'm a 26-year-old newly graduated Software Engineer from Denmark (EU) with $30.000 saved up. For now, I don't have a wife or children, but that could change in the future.

I'm trying to decide which 0% (or low) tax country I want to become a tax resident in...

I want 0% or low taxes in the following categories:
  • Low income tax is important because for the first couple of years I'm planning to have income from a remote job (employer from Denmark/Switzerland or the US) and then I'm going to switch to freelancing.
  • Low corporate tax is important because my end goal is to set up a company.
  • Low capital gains tax is important because I'm investing in stocks, bonds, and later maybe real estate.
  • Low wealth & inheritance tax is important because I'm planning to save up a lot of money, and some will go to my future children.
But I have 2 problems with most places I find:
  1. Most places require me to stay there 6 months a year to be a tax resident, but I would like to travel at least 9 months a year.
  2. Most places require huge investments in real estate or similar, but I only have $30.000 saved up.
If the country requires me to stay there 6 months a year to be a tax resident, then these things would be nice:
  • Beautiful nature to explore
  • Good health-care
  • Good education system (Only relevant in 5-10 years if I have children by then)
  • Flights to my home country Denmark aren't too expensive or time-consuming (optional)
  • Climate without too much EXTREME heat (Only rarely above 30-35 Celcius/95 Fahrenheit)
My current plan:
  • Before I can get a remote job, I would like to live in a place with a high after-tax income, such as Switzerland, Qatar, Dubai, or maybe even my own country Denmark.
  • When I get a remote job, I would like low income tax and low capital gain tax. For example Bulgaria.
  • When I start a company I would like low corporate tax and low capital gain tax.
  • When I retire, I would like a low cost of living, low capital gains tax, low wealth tax, and low inheritance tax.
Which 0% tax (or low tax) countries would you recommend to me? And why?

@duzt Too soon. Wait until you've got 150k or so saved up, you're restricting yourself.

Georgia is ticking a lot of boxes, but you really want to have some liquidity before you put your plan in motion.

@duzt How is a government supposed to pay for good healthcare and education without taxes of some sort..?

I'm not a fan of paying huge tax bills, so I live in a no income tax state and suffer the associated quality of living consequences. Everything is shit and I knew that when I moved here. I pay the IRS my share.

Sounds like you want the benefits of high taxes... without paying taxes. Either pay taxes or suffer like the rest of us no income tax residents.

Fuck having an American level of income and not paying Uncle Sam so US taxpayers get to subsidize what you should be paying. I'm also pretty sure the IRS will come after you if you do that.

@duzt You should make this post to more subreddit’s then 20 or so you’ve already posted to, starting last week, definitely aren’t enough. Might I suggest r/kidsarefuckingstupid?

@duzt So you wanted that free education, and I imagine the student grants as well, but don't want to contribute to this country yourself? I hope you're a troll, otherwise I hope you enjoy that privilege that I have been paying for.

What if I grew up in a society that was supported by government spending, then got an in demand job, then planned my entire life around keeping as much of it for myself as possible?