falconkestrel

As someone who was with Ulster bank till they closed, my current account allowed me to spend w/e funds I had. So basically the daily limit was your account balance.

I switched to TSB and now it's 2.5k a day ...

Last time I had to pay for something over that limit was in a store so I made 2 payments over the 2 day period. This obviously won't work when paying online.

What are my options to reduce this hassle? Credit card?

Can someone explain them to a noobie please.

I get the monthly/yearly fee. And fees when you don't clear the balance.

But let's say I make a 7k purchase on a credit card and then clear that off over the 7 day period with 1k transfers from the current account. Are there any additional costs here?

Is it common to go with the same bank? Or are there any banks/vendors that stand out?

Are there any alternatives to credit cards?

@falconkestrel Not here with a solution, just to say I’ve had the same experience and have to call PTSB to unblock my card if I try to spend over 2.5k. Even when on the phone with them they can’t change the limit. It’s very odd. Certain it’s the lowest limit of all Irish banks.

@timaeus It’s an absolute head wreck. We can’t even pay my dad’s nursing home fees by monthly standing order as they are over this ridiculously low limit. My bank of Ireland account has a daily limit of 20k.