Best lithium stocks to buy for long term holding?

@owll ALB & LAAC (argentina) & PILBF - big players w exposure to lithium commodity price with less operational risk than smaller names. Good production + inventory of projects

WWLLF (Wealth Minerals) - has lithium brine concessions in Atacama, likely to be lowest cost new production coming online

@james02s40 no way. im from chile and sold off all my SQM and shifted to a small position in ALB.

govt here is still a shitshow. no guarantee that whoever the next populist leader is doesnt try to fully nationalize it or mess with the royalty/fee the country takes (the current one is tyring). ALB also has stuff here, but less exposure at least.

@owll None. These are commodities. Plus battery tech could shift rapidly. What’s going strong today could easily be irrelevant in 5 yrs.

@nikki1445 Which market? I assume your being sarcastic, but there’s plenty of markets beyond the US where that does work. Everything but the battery in an EV is cheap, especially if you don’t need 20 airbags in the car.

@xcskierboy Customers don't want cars with airbags, more than ~100 mi of range, or cars that can carry more than 3.5 people.

You really have the auto industry figured out.

@nikki1445 Once again, which market? Car buyers in China have different wants, budgets, and regulatory requirements. And that market is much larger, in principal than the US.

But put your money where ever you want. I could be completely off base and still make double the money in index funds than you will in Lithium.

@xcskierboy Chinese EV markets are all in on lithium batteries for the same reason that others are, one little side project notwithstanding. Saying China is going to go with sodium battery cars any time soon is like saying the US will. Yeah, there are a few research groups in both countries investigating it, but they're nowhere near influencing mainstream production or foreseeable lithium demand.

@sweetbabyjames yeah but who's actually willing to tolerate using this inferior battery?

only cheap pos EVs which arent even a thing yet and garbage electronics. maybe batteries that capture excess solar power or something. this is a tiny % of the market.