kingdiamond9

Hi everyone,
Im looking for an ETF broker as the one Im currently with has high fees. Which would you recommend?

I’ve heard not to go to eToro, but that Scalabe, Interactive Brokers and Trading 212 are good. Which would you recommend? I tend to buy just a few ETFs a year (Im a student so don’t have much money to invest) and leave them to sit for a long time. I’d also need to easily be able to transfer my current portfolio into the new one.

Thank you for your help!

@kingdiamond9 I've been a Scalable Capital user since 2021; living in the EU.

Would whole heartedly recommend that if you're a retail investor. As and when you have larger sums to invest, maybe find another broker.

@kingdiamond9 IB is probably the best option if you can invest larger lump sums of money, but it is bad for small sum investing. If you are only able to buy smaller amounts or are more comfortable that way or then go with Trading212. Trading212 holds your assets at IB so it should be reasonably save and they even allow you to transfer it out Now to another broker which was the biggest issue they used to have (not allowing that until recently). They also have much nicer UI for beginners to work with.

@qman0011 Lump sum fee for trade is still there. Even on non pro tier (3€) you still have to pay around 1.5€ per trade when you buy VWCE for example (even more for some other ETFs) depending on a country per trade. This is way more than what you pay on spreads on higher spreads on Trading212 where trade itself is free of charge if you want to buy only smaller fractional shares or spread it and invest weekly instead of monthly/bi-monthly or whatever. You break even at like 500+ euro per trade and then it is cheaper on IKBR which may not be a lot of money for a lot of people but too much money for a lot of other people. 1.5$ fee per trade + some spreads of course (althought smaller than T212) is a lot of money for people who want to invest like 100$ weekly/monthly for example.