Best comprehensive annual travel insurance in Ontario??

resjudicata

Hubby and I travel several times a year. For the past few years we've purchased an annual comprehensive travel insurance plan through Manulife but I'm wondering if there's a better all inclusive plan out there. Current policy gives us a maximum of $6000 in cancellation coverage with a max of $3500 in cancellation per trip, along with up to $5 million per person in medical coverage, baggage loss/delay, and trip interruption. Hubby's Amex that we book travel on also provides the same coverage for medical and baggage loss so I'm wondering if we're better off to just buy a cancellation policy every time we travel. We've had to pay to top up the cancellation coverage before so I'm thinking if we might have to pay to top up the cancellation anyway, maybe we should ditch the annual plan, rely on the credit card's medical coverage, and buy cancellation coverage for each trip? We had to use the cancellation last fall when I had to have knee surgery and couldn't travel, which is why I'm so focused on having it.