@brihaha The New World wine awards document is worth downloading - they look at cheaper wines too and there's some very good ones in there that are in the $10-17 range when on special

@brihaha If anyone's looking for non-alcoholic wine, the Edenvale Rosé is incredible. Found it whilst pregnant, and I honestly doubt I'll go back to normal wine, it actually just tastes that nice 😅 the red and white are still on my list to try, but that rosé... Chef's kiss 🤌

@brihaha i second the clean skin brand. i love these wines from Countdown that are the brand Picture Perfect (i think?). the name of each one is what would pair well with the wine. ie. salt & pepper squid rose, roast chicken chardonnay. those are the only 2 i've tried and they're pretty decent for me at least, they're $8 (used to be $7 rip). for the price, i definitely recommend them. not sure what the other kinds are like but for $8, it's worth a try!

i honestly just always get the cheapest one (either rose or chardonnay, sometimes a sav). but i also like wines that aren't too sweet or bitter or on the "lower" scale for vibrancy of flavour. but sometimes the price overrides what i'm feeling, i try keep it under $10. sometimes i buy a cask, works out $20 on sale for 2.7 bottles of wine. some of them are decent.

i absolutely love the 19 crimes rose, though. only ever buy it when it's $13.99 (except when i first tried it for a special occasion) but it's soo lovely. haven't tried the other varieties of it though

@northbrook It's affordable because Shiraz is widely planted in Australia plus it's made in a fairly industrial fashion. That doesn't necessarily mean it's poor quality though, maybe just not very complex. Regardless, if you enjoy it then happy days!