@offsetonsetonfroy I was an idiot when i tried this suggestion.. started noticing my hair seemed thinner than usual. The baking soda is meant to be dissolved in water first.. so i was yeah, using it like a scrub on my scalp. ie. wetting my hair, chucking the baking soda on and rubbing it in.. It's an abrasive 🤦‍♀️

@myriamdo78 How often do you wash your hair? If it’s everyday shampoo and conditioner will become expensive, if it’s once a week less so. Train your hair to be blue to cope with it being washed once a week. Bit of dry shampoo works wonders too

@myriamdo78 I buy Monday if its on special. Otherwise i tend to go for Palmolive or Herbal essences. I only need to replace around once a month though. Tressemé is pretty good and cheap for the bulk if its still around $10. (These brands don't have silicone or the other chemicals that coat your hair) I occasionally get the Organics too, which is also cheap. But for the reasons another lady already mentioned, i don't buy the same brand every month

@myriamdo78 Do you have a local hairdressing/beauty supply store? I buy shampoo and conditioner for salons from my local one at wholesale (ish) prices. Nobody's ever asked if I'm actually a hairdresser (I'm not) Theres some online ones too

@myriamdo78 You can get the large size Tresemme and Palmolive shampoos for about $8 but they will only be a bargain if you like them and they are suitable for your hair type. I once bought 1 litre of Tresemme but got so sick of it before I could use it all up, so wasn't really a bargain as I used loads at a time to get rid of it. The Monday range is really nice and on special at $7 in Countdown at the moment.

@myriamdo78 Just don't use any. Let your hair get oily. After a week or so it stops being oily and returns to normal healthy hair. I only rinse my hair in the shower. Haven't washed it for months - a guy with short hair admittedly.
My wife went without using shampoo and conditioner for over 6 months and found her hair healthier than before and it stopped falling out as well

@myriamdo78 I don't shampoo or condition my hair.
I've been doing this for the past 6 years, and I have great healthy hair with no odor.
Shampoo and conditioner are lies. There are some exceptions to this, tho.
So, trial and error, give it a go for a month and only rinse your hair with water with the same scrubbing motion. Then, wash your hand with soap and do it again. You will feel uncomfortable for the first 2 weeks, but eventually, your hair will balance out.

@cbscr64 Yeah this really does not work for people with overactive sebaceous glands. The first time I dried it, I died from itchey scalp and so much buildup.

Every pregnancy by some miracle all the grease stopped. I could have never washed my hair and barely did, as soon as I wasn't pregnant back to ridiculously oily hair and flakey scalp.