@hjb Does the title search include the owner's contact? I'm surprised that the neighbours would go all the way to pay for a title search and to find out the owner's contact details just to send them video footage.

@hjb I asked how like I didn't know how.

Friends? Real estate? Ex-neighbours? Short-stay ad?

Why would you assume someone else would think its impossible? Nice projection, keep fighting imaginary shit in your head.

Quote me or take the L yourself.

@inutah Yes i hate it when my shares manager complains that my shares are partying too much, but that was the investment forced opon me at gun point as gou had property so what are you going to do

@inutah It's an unpopular opinion but not incorrect, but at least you will (hopefully) make something out of it for the trouble it can cause and the risk involved

@inutah I never saw the benefit of negative gearing, other than to get a toe in. Beyond those few months, losing money with negative gearing on an investment is a dumb idea.

The other points you raise are choosing piss poor agents who are not earning their commission. Shop around. And don't increase rents every 6 or 12 months. That is annoying for tenants and you should aim for happy renters.

@tracylee Our places were all positively geared at the time of purchase. I agree, negative gearing doesn’t make sense to me unless you know with certainly there will be huge capital growth to offset the loss.

We actually charge 20% less than market rate for our rentals to help our tenants and haven’t increased rent since they moved in 3-4 years ago.

I’m not saying they’re not entitled to maintenance as it’s what they are paying for- a functional home. There’s just a lot of it.

@inutah Your properties sound like family homes, so if you are charging 20% less than market rent, why aren’t your tenants all families with established work & children of primary school age?

Sounds like you choose high income bachelors & then wonder why they party.