[Beginner Help] Can I Have Advice on the Best Global Investment Tracking Fund with AJ Bell

kano

Dear all,

I'm new to passive investing. I've made an account with A.J. Bell.

I'm looking to invest in a global index fund for the long-term. The # 1 issue is cost.

I went on A.J. Bell's fund screener and had a look for low-cost global index funds.

But, the lowest cost fund there that I could find (Baillie Gifford Rspnb Glb Eq Inc B Acc) still charges : 0.53% , which seems like a lot.

This has only 3 stars on Morningstar, which is making me somewhat wary of it. But, the 5 star-rated funds on Morningstar, like TB Guinness Global Equity Inc Y GBP Acc , has a charge of 0.79% .

Can someone explain the difference between these, and why one is higher-rated than the other?

Sorry for this ignorant question. :\ Thank you in advance to everyone who replies!

-V

@kano I think those are actively managed funds. The costs are not excessively high for an active managed fund.

I don’t know how the Morningstar ratings work and haven’t paid much attention to them over the years. I would guess that 5 stars means it has performed in line with its risk profile, or ahead of it, over time.