Beginner at investing - need help?

regisdominus

Salaam everyone,

I’ve been really interested in investing/finance recently as I have saved a large amount of money which is now just sitting in my bank account. I am a total noob at this and honestly, took me ages to figure it all out (tbh don’t think I’ve fully figured it still). A little background about me - I’m 21F, full time employee and I have no debts or student loans, living in the U.K.

Now I know I need to invest this money but I’m really confused as to where and how much. I looked into Wahed Invest (moderate risk portfolio) but I feel a bit uneasy about it due to the high fees overtime. Also, I don’t know if this is the best way to make a good return.

Vanguard ISA has less fees, but I’m not sure where to invest as I can’t do S&P500 or FTSE100 as these include haram companies. I heard about some ETFs being halal, could someone recommend me U.K. ETFs that are halal, and what returns are like?

Finally, I also downloaded apps called FreeTrade & Zoya to check which stocks are halal to invest in. The only thing with this is I’m really unsure where to invest with FreeTrade and how risky it is for a beginner?

Sorry if this all over the place, any information would be appreciated. I just want to know what the best plan of action would be if I wanted to do long term investments, nothing too risky and use the money in the future say for a down payment etc. Jazakallah Khair :)