At fault driver’s insurance trying to screw me over - First Chicago Insurance

alangeh

Some guy plowed into the right back side of my car in December. Finally got it into the body shop in April.. That same week the body shop submitted a supplement to the third party claims website (as instructed).
4/21 - I emailed the contact at First Chicago because no update
4/22 - she calls acknowledging claim and says she’ll push through management review by EOD
4/25 - still hearing nothing I email again for an update…. She’s out of office until 5/2

Meanwhile body shop guy gets ahold of someone different… they go back and forth on claim and as of 5/13 were still fighting on a remaining $2k. So I email again and ask why they can’t send a physical person to look at car and talk to to body shop. Which at that point they did. Came to an agreement last week and got that approved.

However, I had a rental car this whole time. I turned it in on 5/13 because I was on vacation for a week. Now that I’m back and the car isn’t done, I need another one. But they’re trying to claim they’re only covering 16 days of a rental car because that’s the “reasonable estimate” to fix. And the lady is trying to claim the second supplement was submitted last week when I have emails in April where she acknowledged the second supplement. The fact that the car sat for 3 extra weeks is their negligence. Any advice on how to handle? I’ve had to manage this whole process. They definitely haven’t acted in good faith and I plan to speak with a lawyer.

@alangeh As an adjuster I hate saying “escalate to a supervisor” but seems like it needs to be done here. The estimate may have been reasonable, but the insurance companies turnaround time was not. Get contact email for a super and email those receipts