Approximate Proceeds?

stevenb6

Hello!
Not sure if this is something anyone here can help me with but I’m getting conflicting answers everywhere I look… I was in a car accident last week, all parties agree the other driver is at fault. I’m currently waiting for their insurance company (Progressive) to complete an assessment on my car. While the damage looks mostly contained to the front bumper and grill, my car is a 2010 Subaru Outback with over 150k on it so I’m guessing it will end up being totaled. I’m trying to get a rough estimate of how much I’d be getting so I can factor it into my budget range for a new vehicle. (Of course I also want to be prepared to know if their offer is reasonable) The prices I’m seeing in private sales for a similar vehicle in my area vary greatly from 3,000 to 7,000, I haven’t been able to find any dealers in the area to compare it to and all sites like KBB say it’s actual value is only around 2,000 (not trade in but actual) so I’m at a loss.

Would anyone here have a rough idea of how I can determine what to expect or happen to have experience with Progressive and how they determine the value?