American Income Life/Globelife

animal2692

Does anyone have experience with these companies? I am interested to hear thoughts of people who have experience working with or for them. I am studying for my life & health insurance exams and considering working with them as my relative is a current agent.

@animal2692 I’ve never worked there.
In my experience, when it comes to IMOs the biggest factors are:
  • Your direct upline
  • Quality of leads
  • How you get promoted
Regardless of where you start, it sucks at the beginning but as you build a book of business, it gets easier & more lucrative

@animal2692 Be careful! I've been working with them since end of January and it's not great. Takes a long time to get employment and then get your leads, leads are pretty bad. They get their leads from Unions sending out beneficiary cards to their union members recommending their members get coverage. Of course no one knows why you are calling and every call you make to these union members are normally met with anger or disbelief that you are actually a real human not scamming them. If you are able to get the union member into a zoom meeting it's pretty hard to talk clients into life insurance without actually mentioning the word life insurance(something we had an actual training class about-how to deal with rebuttals and it was suggested you not tell the clients it's life insurance). I started studying for my llqp in October of 2023 and only got my leads at the end of January 2024. You're basically shackled to the computer on zoom going from meeting to meeting learning different sales techniques and the insane sales meetings where experienced agents are yelling and celebrating how much money they've made. Oh, usually there's some idiot using a cash gun shooting money all over the place. Leads are trash also, very much recycled leads from up to 2-3 years ago. Its not a great place to work, very demoralizing. I sold two policies in February and still haven't been paid at the beginning of April, to be honest I'm scared to try and get the money because the cancelation rate is so high I don't want to have to pay the company back if those polices cancel. They do have weekly pay but every person I started with wasn't able to get their money for at least a month or two when they first started due to various bullshit banking problems. AO/AIL/Globe Life just had a push month which means they are all competing towards a huge trip the company sets up as a reward for selling a lot of insurance and I saw a lot of pretty unethical stuff happen. If you are interested in selling life insurance I would absolutely try another company, check out the Google reviews or go to the BBB reviews before you apply anywhere. Feeling a lot of regret about spending so much time trying to make this work.