@jahovalbless04 The “old days” were certainly a lot better income wise.. you remuneration looks pretty standard.. but 28 settlements for $3500? Are you dialing down? With those sort of figs you are barely charging an intro fee? What percentage of naf are you getting? Those numbers seem off.. feel free to pm me

@jahovalbless04 $100k to be a car salesman that requires no qualifications and you're complaining? You're getting pretty well for a job that needs zero qualifications, that's why the hours suck.

What did you do in 'the finance game'? Were you the financial controller for a multi-national corporation, or did you work behind the counter at the local pawn store?

@seekingtruechurch I’m not a car salesmen, my job requires a lot of compliance modules to insure we are follow government regulations around responsible lending and anti money laundering, I handle people’s personal information, drivers licences, passports, Medicare cards, mortgage statements, payslips, council rates notices, rent receipts… etc before I left the industry I was seeing 5-7k commission regularly these days 3.5k seems to be the standard

@jahovalbless04 Does it require a degree, or is it something that just needs training? I know it sucks, but if no degree is required, there is always the argument that they can get someone else to do the job, albeit with some training required.

My sister was a legal secretary and used to practically run a small law firm, but she had no degree, and the pay she got for what she provided was pretty woeful.

These days, though, the way HECS is going up, we seem to be headed down the path of the USA where people are loaded with lifetime loans for their university study.

@jahovalbless04 This thread should be a pinned example of how much the average commenter knows about Finance.

OP you are in a great job for someone with no degree, but this job is not really a Finance job and you won't have any transferable skills to corporate finance. Basically it pays a lot because it's pretty much dead end.

@jahovalbless04 On 10% you should be on 6k pm then?

So 65k per year + 6k per month and you’re on 140

That’s normal for a BM.

EDIT - you can make more in some other dealerships, or by negotiating your %. Also try and make more per deal. Average 2500 per deal will get you an extra 10k per month. Sell insurance and GAP.