@corey7973 Hard boiled egg. Jk. I don't know sorry.

I only eat muesli bars because they are a convenient morning tea/ smoko snack. That and a coffee. But I opt for the ones that are actually muesli with no added sugar, not those nut bar things. I don't care about protein. Luckily I don't seem to need extra protein in my diet.

@corey7973 You can get 2kg bags of flavoured protein powder for as cheap as $50 and will be 90cish per 22-25g serving of protein. With the stupid cost of eggs, meat etc now that's the best way to save money, can also use it in baking or making your own protein bars/cookies.

@corey7973 Investing in protein will always be better than buying ready-made bars or whatever. It’s a one-off purchase you can budget for (I use a $47 one), that lasts 2/3 months depending on how much you have per day. I have one serving per day.

I would encourage you to make your own! It’s really simple, and you can add few ingredients to change it up. Protein, greek yoghurt, oats are the base of the muesli bars I make. Add nuts/honey/raisins/dark chocolate or whatever on top, mix it up and pop it in the fridge (or u could even heat them and see what happens). Have fun with it!

@corey7973 muesli bars are good for sugar intake, not protein.

google recipes with protein powder. also, YouTube has some recipes from guys like Greg Doucette and Will Tennyson. I've tried a few of their recipes, some are healthy and delicious, others are not to my taste buds. You will have to try a few to find the best tasting for you personally.

For a different flavour you can toast or roast peanuts in a frypan or under the grill- with a little oil. Take them off the heat when almost done as they keep cooking for awhile under their own steam (hot oil actually).
Same with pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds.
Protein, oil and fibre make nuts and seeds a filling snack. Healthy too.

You can also use these nuts and seeds to make protein bars.

Fun facts. Neither peanuts nor cashews are nuts. Still great food though.

@corey7973 Don’t listen to anyone telling you to eat nuts or make your own protein balls or bars, that’s absolute garbage protein. Instead just eat canned sardines or some other fish, not only are they high in protein but also collagen & omegas 😊

A tin of Brunswick sardines is around $3 & has 17g of protein + 1.3G omega 3s, 7.4g healthy fats & a relatively high amount of calcium & potassium. Biggest bang for your buck when it comes to a health food.

@corey7973 For protein rich snacks, my go-to are:
  • Piece of meat, like snitchel or something.
  • Shred up a roast chicken. Bit of chicken, lettuce and tomatoe sauce in a container.
  • Biltong or beef jerkey
  • Hard boiled eggs (or other egg recipies like frittata)
  • High protein up and go
Most protein bars are pretty trash in terms of protein content or quite expensive for the better ones.

Edit:

Can tuna is also premium tier protein snack. Tin on its own, or mix with some crackers or taco shells for a bit of crunch.