seeker01

Quick question for you all.

Anyone have best tips for how to utilize the 10 days TLE you get from PCSing to a new station?

We won’t be able to move in to our new place for roughly 8 days once we arrive.

Best places to stay? Is Air BnB authorized?

This is all reimbursed on the back end correct?

@seeker01 Take what I'm saying with a grain of salt, as I haven't read the reg recently because I couldn't get a CNA, but...

before staying in town, I think you'd need a CNA from your base housing/BOQ/BEQ/Lodge, and even then, I would expect them only to reimburse you up to the local lodging per diem rate.

@seeker01 If you’re PCSing with a family an Air BNB is worth the additional fees (cleaning).

Factor in the savings of having a kitchen and relaxing living space without feeling pressure to get out and explore everyday.

Trapped in a hotel room with kids is it’s own kind of expensive!

-But you are only reimbursed for your allowed rate.

@seeker01 Yes, you can stay at an Air BnB. But you shouldn’t bc you will not be compensated for the total cost.

I forget the exact details, but basically you compensated for the room rate and tax. With the Air BnB the cleaning fee that at the end your stay will not be reimbursed by Finance.

For me, it was $50 a night and a $150 cleaning fee. Overall it seemed less expensive than staying at a hotel and had a fenced in yard for my dog. But I only received about $500 back. This was back in 2019, so I’d checked to see it the rules have changed.