@hummelav Buy property in Malaysia, preferably land.

Buy equity and hold on to it.

Never get into debt (unless buying property and you have a sizeable offset account), but secure credit to build your long term credit profile.

@hummelav
I'm just wondering what advantages or privileges T20 individuals have, aside from monetary ones?

You get to contribute to nation building via additional taxes 🤣.

But if you want a serious answer, the richer you are the more you are able to insulate yourself from Malaysia's racial and religious rhetoric.

@hummelav Do you want the trivial stuff?

U can go to hang out in plaza premium lounge at the airport with the new credit card and drink free coffee and eat free breakfast

You can...call dedicated hotline at your bank and maybe they will pick up your phone 2 seconds faster than then plebeian phone number

Got discount at the golf course, some hotel chains. If you T1, exclusive access or concierge services when you travel

And um, sometimes banks give u a car sticker so you can get priority parking

You get...uh nicer angpao from your bank if you maintain RM250,000 or above

Other than the obvious advantages which are entirely personal i.e. being able to help monetarily with friends and family, being out of debt, being able to invest, financial freedom etc.

@frustrated27
being able to help monetarily with friends and family

I have never told anybody IRL how much I make for THAT reason alone.

It begins with helping an aunt with her cancer treatment and then before you know it you're feeding a small unemployed village of your distant relatives and funding their latest hare-brained schemes.... Happened to one of my uncle...

I only do anonymous donations towards funding hospital and education bills, and only through an anonymous escrow. Family knows ONE of us made it. They just don't know whom. And I dress like a hobo at the family reunion and tell them I write and play the guitar for a living.