About salary as Automation Engineer (PLC and Industrial Robot guy)

@christiangirl5 Look fr Automation industry, there are several companies doing Automation in malaysia, both in northern n southern side.. look up linkedIn. we do either pc based or plc based development... both works fine.... but ill tell u something lol... it will be hell of work frequent mid night work, overtime .. 24/7 available for customer is normal lol
Gl mate

@blackfriar U know what .. lol
Actually, i did jumped from development side like under a year ago.. with 4.7k pre tax to mnc .... i was doing development before. I've been there like about 5 years ... joined there with 3k basic.. but yeah .. currently i m doing tweaking and improvement onside.... : /

@justin83 My ex colleagues were doing tweaking on site too. Problem is, can’t really tweak much because if they need to tweak a lot when the machine is on site, that means smth is really wrong with in house development.

I think the in house pays more than the ones on site.

Have u tried applying to customer side? Less stress and better pay maybe.

If I’m in your shoes, I would try semiconductor industry. Applied Materials first.

@blackfriar Yeah... that kinda of working still depending on how their company requirements... if even fr small changes required alot of freakin documents.. then that will be alot of hassle lol

And tru it ..they really should discuss and plan out every possible outcome of the software structures , from auto, manual state downstream, upstream connectibility, future prove and all ... we do have something like PackML for basic layout fr software structure of industrial machines too

Hmm i should try customer side lol, direct hoping to customer side wont be an issue?

@justin83 Normal but probably paid at 60th percentile of market. Since you are in a PLC, compare your managements compensation with comparable PLCs/competitors. If they are earning about the same than your top players, then you are underpaid