tsn

If people getting 2nd jobs or exiting retirement. What on earth is the rationale behind continuing to increase interest? Seems like the people above dont feel the pain. Edit: asking if RBA is doing the right thing or not, and why is it right/wrong?

Also, how is everyone going? Edit: just asking how your lifestyle changed prior to and after

Solo, ~$10-15 per meal
Before: takeout 2-4 per week, for B, L, D
After: takeout 1-2 per week, for D

Doesn't include my partner, so just double the cost.

Edit: my question I'm curious about.
IMO: they should just extend it to 4 years instead of forcing it for 2, kinda like how repayment programs work in a loan, e.g. more manageable payments for longer duration, as apposed to killing society payments in lesser duration.

Edit: sorry guys, guess i suck at wording my thoughts

@tsn "Solo, ~$10-15 per meal Before: takeout 2-4 per week, for B, L, D After: takeout 1-2 per week, for D"

Hi, I'm going ok thanks, but I'm not really sure I understand this section of your post.

@johntheblack The thing that I've been slowly realising (as a non-economist... don't judge) is that inflation is not like... a problem with not having enough money, it's a problem with lots of people wanting the stuff they were used to having already. As long as people want to live the way that they did when there was more stuff to go around, costs will go up. Raising wages only works relative to other people competing to buy the stuff that you want. I.e., if everyone gets a raise, no one gets a raise...