956 credit score yet 0% chance of approval for NatWest 0% credit card?

@surfing_australian This question gets asked every month, and there is always that key detail "I've done X switches in the last X months".

Switching banks does not effect your credit rating (at least not by much), but it sure as hell does look dodgy, and that's why applications for credit normally fail. You should try to switch once per year maximum.

@surfing_australian Your credit score / history isn’t the only thing that lenders take into account.

Your affordability (income vs expenses) is important, and doesn’t appear on your credit history - which is why they ask for it in your application.

They will also have a certain profile of customer they are looking for, which you may not meet for whatever reason.

Should be said though that MSE are just guessing, and you could be accepted by applying directly.

@surfing_australian I would stay well clear of Natwest. Applied for a mortgage. For some reason Natwest - had an internal marker on me. Nothing showing up on my credit score or history. Never defaulted on anything (payment/bills). Rang them up and they wouldn't tell me reasoning behind it. Then they 'accidentally ' told me there was an internal marker and not sure why I had it. So switched all my current accounts to Halifax and got mortgage approved by Halifax within days. Would never recommend Natwest to anyone.