7 weeks and nothing [New York]

benfje401

So to sum it up. My husband got fired. Filed the Monday after for UI. Got a letter in the mail saying he doesn't Qualify because he didn't make enough. They only had the first 2 quarters of his pay. There was a form to correct their records. He filled it out (including the other 3 quarters of pay), his W2 and his pay stubs. Faxed everything over from the local DOL office. That was week 2. It's now been six and a half weeks since faxing everything over. No text, email, letter nothing. He's sent messages on the website, nothing. Calls 100-200 times a day. Can't get a person. (The line just hangs up since there's no hold).

Is there any advice to help? We know he qualifies for UI. He was making 19 an hour, 20-45 hours a week (yes all in NY state). It's wild that it's been almost 2 months and he hadn't heard a thing.

@benfje401 If he applied 7 weeks ago, that would have been 1st quarter 2024. Standard base year would look at earnings from 10-1-22 to 9-30-23.

The quarters you indicate are missing, did they fall in that time span?

Edit: I looked at your previous post. I would say with near certainty that the restaurant stopped reporting wages to the state and federal government because they were taking the withholdings from payroll and used them for operating expenses to try to stay afloat. I’ve seen this a couple times and it took months to get the wages added to wage record. Different state though. Your mileage may vary.