3-4 years fixed horizon, what to do? iBonds?

moma19

Hello everybody, first reddit post here :D

I live in Zug and I'm trying to understand how to allocate my money before an incoming big expense.

Other than my long-term investments. I have an extra 150k€ that I know I'm gonna need by 2027-2028. While looking for a way to invest them with low-risk I learned about the existence of these magnificent new iBonds. They look really great for my goal, having a very low-risk and stable return for a fixed date with the plus of diversification. The only problem is there are no "US Treasury" corresponding "EU Government" ones. Only the corporate bonds iBonds are available at the moment in EUR. It would be great if there was something like this but EU government bonds wise: iShares iBonds Dec 2028 Term € Corp

CHF bonds even if edged have a really low return compared to EUR ones and I already have the cash in EUR.

A few questions:

1. Is it possible/probable that they could be available in the future?
  2. Is there any possible CHF alternative?
  3. An alternative could be iShares iBonds Dec 2028 Term $ Treasury but I will be exposed to the USD. It is a bit too risky in this case, isn't it? (I live in Switzerland so I can buy them, dunno if it's the same in the rest of Europe)
  4. Is it better to go for a classic EU bond (or 2, 3) by looking at the performance, and risk here: Simple tools for investors?

Any tips or suggestions? :)