26 M , 1 L/month suggest some good health and term insurance

Hey guys, I am planning to buy one good health insurance and term insurance for myself and dependents. Please suggest some good policies. I earn around 1 L + per month , so in the lower to mid range premium.

I have one from corporate but have been suggested that we should have ours also other than company.

Thanks

@forthcomingchristian I have researched this extensively. So ignore all other advice and go for this.
  • For health insurance go with Liberty General or Bajaj Allianz. Liberty General is a lesser known company in India but is a global giant in insurance. It has a good payout record and doesn't catch you with the fine print.
  • For term insurance go with Max Life, Kotak or Aditya Birla. Many of the well known names like ICICI, HDFC etc reduced their payouts during the covid years which suggests that they may not be the most ethical when the times are bad. The ones I have named have a good payout record that did not dip during Covid.

@vask61 With Health Insurance if at all.

Critical illness is usually a disease that is going to kill you sooner or later. Taking a critical illness rider with a life insurance will just increase the payout a bit. You don't really need that. Just buy a higher sum insured instead.

@theheretic That's cool.
So I can get their policy direct by contacting someone from my branch?
I tried Ditto, not sure if it's me, but I find the premiums exorbitant.
Good information from their team, but I'm hesitant to go through them.
Direct from my HDFC branch it is!

@cyberchristian I would say go to their website and understand all the available plans. I would suggest their Optima Super Secure. Also try to buy things online rather than through an agent it will be cheaper. Also read the policy wording completely before buying the Insurance. I have recommended based on my needs which I feel is common for most individuals.