24 y/o making 61k in Montreal, Qc

@3rdegreeblock I know my work insurance mentioned it but I didn’t bother to look into it as I was paying for this one already. I’ll definitely check! & I maxed my LOC transferring my cc debt on it. Will definitely focus on the high interest cc’s first. Thank you!

@namaste1959 Just to give you a rough idea, I bought life insurance recently (500k, 30 yr term) for $35 per month. I am a 30 yr old female and mine is certainly more expensive than yours. Did you add any extra coverages?

@namaste1959 12k worth of credit card debt is a heavy burden. Convert it in another form of loan that's not running at 20% interest and snipe it afap. Make sure you don't end up at the same exact place in a couple years. Good luck in the future.

@ant94 That's mostly a lie.

There are some jobs out there (and some locations, like Montreal) where speaking certain languages will help, but in most of Canada and in most jobs, speaking French isn't any more useful than speaking Catalan or Kazakh. And most of the jobs outside Quebec where French will help are shit jobs i.e. call centres.