(24 M) Investment Plan Critique. (Earning 400 P/W)

saachristian757

I am investing 200 P/W currently.

I don't plan on starting a pension until I move to 3rd year in my apprenticeship which is 18 months away due to tax reasons

I have an emergency fund and save €50 a week

Week 1-3

JAM - €50
BRK.B - €50
MNKS - €50
SMT - €50

Week 4

VWCE - €200

Any advice or other things I should be looking at is appreciated!

@gardenlady As far as I am aware there is a 0.15% FX fee for the IT on Trading 212.

The fact you can't make use of your 1270 CG allowance is why I don't want to be all in on ETFs

For a house deposit perhaps in 5-10 years

@saachristian757 Buying ETFs weekly is gonna wreck your head when you have to start paying deemed disposal. If you aren't aware of what that is, learn about it fast. TLDR - you pay tax every 8 years at 41% of the gain, even if you haven't sold

@saachristian757 Would you then have to constantly submit to revenue every 4 weeks after the 8 years the paper work for initial cost vs profit of each of those individual purchases?

@saachristian757 Are there courses or other training you could be doing alongside the apprenticeship (or even in un-/loosely related subjects) that would help accelerate this? Think beyond just the apprenticeship, is just having that going to be enough or would doing additional courses or training help even futher?

@weirdbeard I must look into that.
It's an electrical apprenticeship and I know you can drop the first year of college for engineering once completed. I'm unaware of anything that could be done Longside do compliment it.
Loosey/Unloosely again I'm unsure, if you have any insight please share!

@2304ld I was talking to ome of the lads in work (employee) and they said you need to register yourself for the CWPS then it's the employers choice if they want to employ you after that