2 of my cars involved in the same incident. Is Progressive trying to screw me?

kmurph

Insurance: progressive

A couple weeks ago I was driving our Audi ($250 comprehensive deductible) wood got kicked up by a semi damaging the car. See video above. Glass flew up hitting out Escalade that my wife was driving ($1000 comprehensive deductible and source of dashcam footage).

Progressive is saying we have to pay the $250 for the Audi and $1000 for the Escalade (windshield and poly shield damage)

Our auto body is saying we should not have to pay the $1000 and it should be reduced to $250 as it falls into uninsured/underinsured.

@kmurph You literally don’t have UMPD per your pictures.

Even if you did, this isn’t a UMPD claim.

Shockingly, your body shop doesn’t know what they are talking about.

@kmurph The body shop guy is an idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about. Why does the body shop, (who, by the way, is an expert in body work, not insurance), say one of your cars should be paid out under UMPD and the other under comprehensive? Unless there is a liable party that is uninsured, then it's not a UMPD claim. This is two comprehensive claims.

@kmurph Deductibles are per car and per occurrence so you are looking at 2 deductibles.

Another example that comes up a lot is if you back into your own car in your driveway. You can't be liable to yourself, so that is a 2 deductible situation as well.

Some companies do have package policies that will only use the higher deductible if multiple insured items are damaged in the same incident, but those are uncommon in my experience.

@kmurph this doesn’t fall under umpd. the body shop is incorrect. you’re responsible for your deductible, insurance handles the rest of the costs.

@kmurph Classic situation of believe what you want to here rather than what is true

"The body shop told me what I want to hear so it must be true"