7349jcgfhs

I'm 19 and live with my girlfriend. Her family is being kicked out of their place. I don't have a credit or work history, so finding a new home seems impossible. I've got $5000 and a broken-down car because I'm trying to fix the engine. It's tough to work on it at my friend's garage, and I can't get a job without reliable transportation. Buying a new car would eat up my money, and insurance is too pricey for guys my age in this city. I need that cash to find a new place to live fast. I thought about getting a motorhome so I wouldn't have to worry about renting, but I've only got 30 days to sort this out.

If you were in my situation, what would you do? Any advice is appreciated.

Edit: Thank you all so much for the advice, I’m reading every single comment, but there’s too many to respond to.

@7349jcgfhs 🤚🏾I second Job Corp. I went to an info session they had when I was like 19 because I was making like $7/hr. I thought they’d help me get a better job not knowing you had to basically be dirt poor without any help to signup. They provide room and board, stipend for basic living expenses, and teach you jobs skills. Good luck 🧡

@7caldwell Yep. Dirt poor with out help. The stipend and clothing allowance was amazing. Not sure if they still do a clothing allowance. In the past, when I was there, Job Corp also has a set amount “earned” every month ( aside from the stipend) into a “ savings account” if you complete the program and graduate you get that money that was being set aside. I got 1800.00 at graduation in 1985.

@mahlon That info session was around 2006. They did offer a graduation allowance then. I googled and they still do. Wow to hear your story is so cool because I always wondered if overall it was as good as they made it sound.

@7caldwell As with everything in life - it is what you make it. It’s a great opportunity. Oh. Health and dental!!!First time I went to the dentist was through job corps.

@mahlon Daaaang that’s so pimp! I know there’s scammers and stuff but misguided young adults and society as a whole would be so much better if people knew this was an option.

@7349jcgfhs Honestly if I could go back in time to when I was 19 just with my gf I'd have gotten into trucking it's a hard job but the pay is stupid good. Most places will pay cdl training and at most companies you could easily pull 60k a year nowadays just starting granted that doesn't fix ur living but if you could make that 5000 last 1 or 2 months you'd have a job that pays so well you wouldn't have to worry. Plus after you pass a certain amount of time most companies will let u take ur partner on the road with you.

I had a buddy do this with his gf as they both became truckers and did team drives they made so much money in 3 years they bought a house and 2 trucks and lease them out to the company they drived for.