18yo wondering what to do with savings?

@mariab97 If he did well in the HSC (99.80+) there are tons of people willing to pay. Tutoring is a very expensive, most people I know including me are spending $20k + per year. So yea it can be a very lucrative part time job. I don't know anything about OPs personal situation but I'm just saying it is possible.

@kaylaherin Or the eastern suburbs private schoolers or the rich south east asians, all of which happily pay those rates, the more popular ones charge over $150 per person per hour and still decline people because of how much demand.

@kenechi you're completely scamming those year 5 kids parents or lying

If you can make $120 an hour tutoring 10 year olds, why would you ever do anything else with your life? I assume you also own your own house already and 2 cars?

@kaylaherin How is it scamming when they want to pay? Its a group of 3 at $40 per child so its a reasonable price for them aswell. Once again this is quite common in my community and nothing to lie about or be surprised at.

The reason people move on to other jobs is because its very hard to scale up, Im earning $120 an hour but I can only work for 2 hours a week because that's all the students I have. But there are also many people doing this full time. One of my uncles does this full time and he's making over $1000 an hour as he teaches much larger classes and has built up a reputation for years to be able to have such large classes.