@ladyw I’m same age as you and before putting on some investments I would suggest you to learn the basics of stocks sip’s and ppf which are very advantageous for us students
You can DM in case you need to talk more in detail

@ladyw
  1. Be Completely mindful that you might lose all 6k
  2. Learn markets
  3. Keep yourself away from F&O
  4. Don't buy random courses that you are probably seeing ads about while learning about stocks on youtube (get books or explore investopedia or varsity by zerodha)
  5. Familiarize yourself with broker's interface & fees
  6. Best thing would be skilling up - learning to earn before investing to trade
  7. Stay away from fishy brokers like IQ option or Olymp etc.
Coming from a 16 year old who lost 34k of his own money that's what i would suggest as per my experience

@ladyw The most important thing is that how much time you want to spend on it. And advice will vary depending on amount of time you want to commit.

Based on your response to other comments, my suggestion have following assumptions:
1. Not thinking about making a career/living out of money management.
2. Learn finance only to be rich .
3. Your age suggests that you can take risk and is willing to take it.
4. You have a PAN Card.

If my assumptions are correct, then you can consider following listed steps:
1. Google about index funds, how to invest and invest in them.
2. Buy the books, don’t use library or free pdf
3. Once you read the books/ gained some confidence shift towards share market or stock selection.

Reasons for my suggestions:
1.To achieve really strong results you need to take risk. And investing in the index fund will actually train your brain to look at them periodically and put some efforts to learn more about finance. Hence you will be motivated to read the books which will be suggested.
  1. Buying the book with your own money is and investment and it can also put pressure on you to take the investment Also the books which I’ll be suggesting are kind of classics so you can read them again after few years when you start earning and will have significant large chuck to invest.
  2. First thing you will need to learn will be about money and its function. You can buy either Rich dad Poor Dad OR psychology of money. You can buy either of them or both if you want to.
    Next thing you will need to learn about getting rich. So I will suggest the unusual billionaire by S Mukherjee.
    This is specifically investment in the stock market, the reason because one can invest without a very large capital and have a significant gains over a period of time. You can learn about other asset classes when you have enough capital to deploy it.
    So One up the Wall Street by Peter lynch can be next book to read about investing and next Beating the street by same author.
This should give you confidence to go into stock investments.

After this you can understand where you want to put your efforts and learn accordingly.

All the best!!

@ladyw girl dont invest directly. first do paper trading it hurts when you lose money in trading. Practise paper trading and understand the trends once you are familiar invest. Or go with good stocks qhich grows over a long period of time. If you can find it thats good. There is a rule. If you are so lucky in your life do day trading, if you are good at guessing trends invest in stocks which grows in months. If you want stable trading and looking at future invest in stocks which grows in years

@ladyw Nice that you started investing journey so early in your life. Take help of some youtubers like CA Rachana Ranade, Akshat Zayn, understand properly. Happy investing...