@kellieholman Yeah, i know the issues I'm having are "1st world problems" that some people would have no trouble having. It's interesting to see different angles of opinion.

Thanks for sharing a different perspective on this

@fonfukajoe While you may be planning to stay in the area for 8 years, doesn't mean you need to commit to an apartment rental for that long kan?

It may be worth renting a unit of that size for 1-2 years to see if a) it's comfortable enough for your family and if you want to commit to the location. b) in case anything unexpected happens like change of job or more kids.

Worse case scenario, the additional time gives you more breathing room to save for a larger unit if you need to. To prevent FoMo about "well, I can afford this now, what if price goes up?", perhaps analyse the house pricing in the area and whether in has increased much in the last 5+ years. Considering that's when the MRT came in, unlikely the price will shoot up again, unless some other economic issue arises.

Also, what size home are you currently living in, and how much of a step down is a 1000sq foot unit?

@shieldoffaith Currently living in a double story terrace house around 1600sq, yeah.. it's a big step down from my zone of comfort.. My wife and I are willing to adapt, but not sure my kids will take it well.

The price seems to be fix from pre Covid-19 era. Back then in 2019 the apartments were selling like hot cakes based on what ive read online. Seem like somehow there were some units available when i was house hunting where the agent claimed to be "landlord" unit thus giving me more FOMO hype.

@fonfukajoe Omph, that's quite a big change. I imagine it'd be tougher on your 5y/o. My fam moved around when I was younger, and my older brother took it less well than me. I don't even remember haha.

As for the house price, good lah it's more stable. I remember looking at houses 5-6 years ago, seeing small Kajang houses going from RM250-300K pre-MRT, to the new units starting at RM400-450K. 🥵

I feel now got more competition with lots of new apartments along Jalan Cheras too, what with the SUKE highway that starts near Cheras Sentral mall.